Welcome to Class 1
Miss Shawcross, Mrs Phillips and Mrs Hawksworth
Our theme this half term is
'How to train a Dragon'
We have found something....can you spot the clues? I wonder what it is?
Today we have been creating our Dragon World!
Welcome back to another exciting half term in Class 2. Our work this half term is based on the theme of ‘How to train a Dragon’
Over the holidays Highfield had a special visitor. It will be our challenge to use our imaginations and explore the clues left behind to help us find out who they may belong to. Lots of our learning this half term will be linked to ‘Understanding the World’.
Towards the end of the half term we will be learning about the celebration of ‘Chinese New Year’. The children will get the chance to taste Chinese food and try out some oriental dancing!
The children will continue developing phonic knowledge through read write Inc sessions. Each child is due to be assessed and placed in the appropriate group to match their ability/progress. The children will be learning to perfect their letter formation and independently attempt to write words e.g. ‘dog, shop, rat, etc. The children will now begin RWI Ditty books’ is paramount for your child's learning that they are reviewing the Set 1 Speed sounds at home. These an be found on our class webpage.
In maths the children will continue with number work, aiming to consistently recognise and write numbers to 20 then learn to place them in order.
We will then progress to subtraction, doubling and halving.
- Please encourage your child to develop greater independence, e.g putting on and taking off their own school jumper or cardigan, coat and shoes.
- It is very important that you please make time to listen to your child read and practise their sounds every night, signing and dating the reading record book each time you have done this. This will have a really positive impact on your child’s reading helping them to make good progress.
- Each week your child will be choosing a library book to bring home and share with you.
- A reminder that a voluntary contribution of £1.00 per week for our Reception Fund would be really appreciated. (£5 this half term) This will help to cover the costs of baking ingredients, extra food for snacks, food tasting etc, this can be paid via parent pay.
- Last term we used the Reception Funds for play-dough ingredients, food tasting, cooking ingredients and nativity costumes.
If you have any questions or require any further information please do not hesitate to ask.
Encouraging Growth Mindset
PE: Tuesday (PE kits needed this term)
ICT: Thursday (iPads)
Miss Shawcross' Preparation, Planning and Assessment (PPA) time will be covered on a Friday by Ms Priestman.
We hope right from the beginning we can establish a strong partnership between school and yourselves as this is fundamental for your child's ongoing progress.
Your child now needs a PE kit in school this term.
After Christmas they will need;
- White T-Shirt
- Burgundy Shorts
- Black Pumps
Please ensure all kit is clearly labelled and in a draw string bag.
Days for the Diary - Autumn Term
Support your child with Read Write Inc
A reminder that a voluntary contribution of £1.00 per week for our Reception Fund would be really appreciated. This is payable through parent pay.